[pygtk] How to retrieve all the content in the TextBuffer?

Miguel Ángel García magmaxlistas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:58:24 WST 2009

Hello

tb = gtk.TextBuffer()
tb.get_text(*tb.get_bounds())

with "get_bounds" you will get a vector of size 2. The '*' asterisk
transforms the vector into the parameters of 'get_text', so you are
saying: "give me the text from first character till last one".

See you!

El Sat, 03 Jan 2009 10:31:26 +0800
ziwen <zsuczw en gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi, all
>
> I'm a newbie to pygtk. I'm writing an IM similar to MSN just for fun.
> I use gtk.TextView as the GUI. I encountered an problem when trying to
> retrieve what the user has input. I use get_slice, but get get_slice
> only gets the text, no pixbuf or embedded image, they are replaced by
> 0xFFFC. I looked up the pygtk reference, still no clue to get all the
> content(including pixbufs). Is there a convenient way to do that?
>
> thanks,
>
> --ziwen

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?