[pygtk] Listviews and SQL

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Tue Jan 13 05:58:54 WST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of converting an Access frontend to python, I must
admit Access & VBA made me a bit lazy. (VB & VBA is also the only
language I learned in school, years ago, but python is quite nice to
learn)

In access, you have a continuous form that will display all the data
from a table or so. You can *directly* edit these fields and it will
automatically update the database, no further "saving" action required.
In another instance of the frontend, the new data will also become
visible.

I would love to replace this continuous form with a GtkTreeView widget,
but I have no idea how to implement this auto-update thing (not in any
*fast* way, at least)

So, I know you can load a list in a GtkTreeView widget, but can you edit
it?

I'm asking this first because I want to make sure it's possible, if it's
not I won't have to waste time with this line of thinking and go with
another solution.

Greetings,

Jelle De Loecker