[pygtk] Any guide for py2app and imendio's pygtk?

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Thu Jan 15 17:47:16 WST 2009

Hallo list

I'm trying to use py2app to create an app bundle for my application
using Imendio's GTK port on Mac OSX 10.5.

The application is running correctly, GTK is definitely working in my
install. The app bundle is built without any errors. GTK libraries and
python bindings are included in the app, and import statements at least
finds the Python bindings. The file _glib.so is included in
virtaal.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/glib/

However, when trying to run the app, it complains:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/glib/_glib.so not found

Of course I don't want it to use a system copy anyway - I want to use
the bundled copy inside the app bundle.

Has anybody had success in bundling pygtk with py2app? I can't see why
the built-in lib-dynload directory is not being used. Any help will be
appreciated.

Keep well
Friedel

--