[pygtk] TreeView/cell/signals - SOLVED

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Mon Jan 26 06:47:02 WST 2009

> If I understand your question I don't think that you can prevent the
> Entry that is used as the CellEditable for the CellRendererText from
> closing when activated. You can only prevent the edits from being
> applied which is the default.

thanks for your answer that awoke my brain... Really you *can* stop the
process, what you cannot do is stopping from withing 'edited' callback. You
must be in 'remove-widget' callback.

I ended up using some variables to define the validation-state during
'edited' callback, I can also start completion with EntryCompletion. It
wouldn't normally even popup as the widget is deemed to be removed, but
I intercept it with 'remove_widget_cb' that returns True to stop the
process.

It's up to you to prevent opening several different cell editable at that
point...

sandro
*:-)

--