[pygtk] Gui Locks up after button clicked. (extensive process started)

Riley Porter rileyporter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:13:16 WST 2009

I know I am missing something but say I have a pygtk interface all designed
and when I click start on a button it triggers a process what takes about 10
mins to complete.  During this time the button stays down and I cannot do
anything else on the gui.  Shortly after the GUI becomes "un-usable" and
locks up.  What am I doing wrong here?  Is there a way around this?  I am
assuming you need to use a type of thread or somthing however I do not know?

Any comments would be great!

--
Riley Porter
Network Security Engineer