[pygtk] Multithreading with Python and GTK

Andreas Sommer AndiDog at web.de
Thu Jul 16 19:35:43 WST 2009

Hi,

I'm currently having some problems with the following error:

python: ath.c:193: _gcry_ath_mutex_lock: Assertion `*lock ==
((ath_mutex_t) 0)` failed.

Some info about my system:

Debian lenny 5.0.1 (having apt-get upgrade'd with all stable packages)
Python 2.5.2
libgcrypt 1.4.4-3
python-gtk2 2.12.1-6

For your information, I called gtk.gdk.threads_init() before gtk.main
(actually at the very beginning of my script). I'm getting this problem
when using Python threads derived from threading.Thread.

Is it possible at all to use GTK with Python's threading module? Did
anybody else experience such problems?

Best regards
  Andreas