[pygtk] OS X Deployment

Bertrand Kintanar b3rxkintanar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 20:48:10 WST 2009

On 7/21/09 8:34 PM, Chris Van Bael wrote:

> Hey,
>
> thanks for the extensive explanation.
> One question still: was PyGTK then added to the Python.org's Python?
> I had no problems installing PyGTK under the Apple Python, but it
> didn't recognize the Python.org's one.
> Didn't know about the libtiff and libpng though...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

no problem. well i didnt know that there are 2 Python installed in macs.
I only have Apple's Python here. so yeah i was installed to the Apple's
Python. When typing python from terminal what I get is:

    bertrand-kintanars-macbook:~ b3rx$ python
    Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Feb  6 2009, 19:02:12)

So yes, its installed at the Apple's Python installation path. By the
way, where is Python.org's Python installed?

I hope this helps.