[pygtk] Problem importing gtk

saeed saeed.gnu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:02:31 WST 2009

System PATH is an Environment Variable (in the command line level and
the upper levels of OS such as graphical environment) containing the
list of directories that the Windows search in them to find executable
commands(EXEs) and shared libraries(DLLs), that the user(or programs)
can refer only to their name to run executable or use libraries (and
no need to refer the complete path of file). In Unix(and Linux), PATH
is about only executables not libraries, the libraries is seperated in
Unix.

To change PATH in Windows:
Right click on the "My Computer" icon (on your desktop, or in the
Start menu), and click "Properties", to open window "System
Properties", then goto tab "Advanced" and click on button "Environment
Variables", then click on item "Path" and click button "Edit", then
append a character ";" and then the new directory to it(for example
append ";H:\Python25\glade\gtk+-bundle_2.14.7-20090119_win32" to it).
Finally click OK.

You can only access or edit PATH variable in the commmand line, using
command "path".
You can also access it from python using os.getenv('path'), and edit
it using os.putenv('path', ...)

Sorry for my poor english!