[pygtk] making a editable treeview stay in edit mode

Mike Bernson mike at mlb.org
Fri Jun 12 06:55:26 WST 2009

I want to be able to edit item in tree view (I am think the treeview is correct widget)

When I set up the treeview I make the columns editable and that look like it make the
cells editable. The way things work is not very nice for the way I want to make the
editing work.

I want to be able to select a cell for editing and then tab to the next cell and
and be editing it to. What I am looking for is a way to stay in edit mode once
edit mode is started. It would also work for me if the treeview was always in
a edit mode.

The idea here that hitting tab, back-tab, up-arrow or down-arrow move the cell
being edited and not leave edit mode. I like the treeview because the list being
edit is longer that a screen and it has a bunch of usefully things like sorting
and search so I do not want to have to rewrite this things.

I am hoping that there is a way to make the treeview handle this kind of editing
by connecting to some signals or subclass. I am just look for some kind of clue as
where to start and and example code if someone has already done this.