[pygtk] crash in the gsoc2009 branch of pygobject

Simon van der Linden svdlinden at src.gnome.org
Fri Oct 16 00:43:22 WST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 17:27 +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> have found a double free and I'm not sure what is the proper fix.

Thanks for finding it, Tomeu!

> To reproduce, instantiate a boxed: python -c "from gi.repository
> import Pango; Pango.FontDescription()"

I could reproduce it. It has already been fixed a few weeks ago in my
local branch. I need to push it ASAP, I know, I know, I know; please
wait a few more days ;-)

> Any ideas?

I experienced other problems with the GC and boxed wrappers, and IIRC,
it was caused by the way those wrappers are allocated and initialized.

Normally, in the invoke method, the newly-created boxed wrapper's
reference count wouldn't need to be incremented (IIRC, again; I haven't
had time to look at the code, sorry).

Cheers,

--
Simon van der Linden