[pygtk] pygtk Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

satheesh danda satish.5959 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:02:49 WST 2010


hello friends,
                  i have a doubt regarding the pygtk and glade.how to
generate a manual code using glade file in pygtk.please provide the solution
to me as soon as possible.

regards,
 satish

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM, <pygtk-request at daa.com.au> wrote:

> Send pygtk mailing list submissions to
>        pygtk at daa.com.au
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://www.daa.com.au/mailman/listinfo/pygtk
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        pygtk-request at daa.com.au
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        pygtk-owner at daa.com.au
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of pygtk digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs (Thomas Lotze)
>   2. Re: Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs (John Stowers)
>   3. Re: Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs (Ren? 'Necoro' Neumann)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:59:05 +0200
> From: Thomas Lotze <thomas at thomas-lotze.de>
> Subject: [pygtk] Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs
> To: pygtk at daa.com.au
> Message-ID: <20100413115905.41f17faa at krusty.ws.whq.gocept.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm interested in whether there are any plans for packaging pygtk and its
> dependencies as Python eggs, so they may be properly declared as
> dependencies of other code distributed as an egg, and installed using
> de-facto standard tools like easy_install and buildout. If all of this
> were possible, it would become a lot easier and more straight-forward to
> use pygtk in projects that use the egg distribution format themselves.
>
> If it is considered helpful by the pygtk developers, and if any of them
> happen to attend this year's Europython conference, I'd like to offer
> spending some time at the conference together to get this packaging issue
> solved.
>
> --
> Thomas
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: signature.asc
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 197 bytes
> Desc: not available
> Url :
> http://www.daa.com.au/pipermail/pygtk/attachments/20100413/d2921e35/attachment-0001.pgp
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:49:13 +1200
> From: John Stowers <john.stowers.lists at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [pygtk] Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs
> To: Thomas Lotze <thomas at thomas-lotze.de>
> Cc: pygtk at daa.com.au
> Message-ID: <1271198953.3703.1.camel at nzjrs-laptop>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 11:59 +0200, Thomas Lotze wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I'm interested in whether there are any plans for packaging pygtk and its
> > dependencies as Python eggs, so they may be properly declared as
> > dependencies of other code distributed as an egg, and installed using
> > de-facto standard tools like easy_install and buildout. If all of this
> > were possible, it would become a lot easier and more straight-forward to
> > use pygtk in projects that use the egg distribution format themselves.
> >
> > If it is considered helpful by the pygtk developers, and if any of them
> > happen to attend this year's Europython conference, I'd like to offer
> > spending some time at the conference together to get this packaging issue
> > solved.
>
> A bit of an aside, but what is the general policy for similar software -
> use the distribution package manager and package system to install the
> software or use eggs? Is it ever feasible to mix the two?
>
> John
>
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > pygtk mailing list   pygtk at daa.com.au
> > http://www.daa.com.au/mailman/listinfo/pygtk
> > Read the PyGTK FAQ: http://faq.pygtk.org/
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:12:24 +0200
> From: Ren? 'Necoro' Neumann <lists at necoro.eu>
> Subject: Re: [pygtk] Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs
> To: pygtk at daa.com.au
> Message-ID: <4BC4FA58.7060907 at necoro.eu>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Am 14.04.2010 00:49, schrieb John Stowers:
> >
> > A bit of an aside, but what is the general policy for similar software -
> > use the distribution package manager and package system to install the
> > software or use eggs? Is it ever feasible to mix the two?
>
> I personally think, the whole egg/gems stuff is just the wrong way to
> go. There are package managers for a reason -- and the 'homebrewn' stuff
> is (compared to them) just so ... crappy ... that it makes me shudder
> thinking of allowing it to install software on my system (hell...
> easy_install does not even offer an 'uninstall' function).
>
> Currently this normally just results in Your Own Personal DLL Hell (tm).
>
> (Disclaimer: This mail has been written by someone, who thinks central
> package managers are one of the biggest advantages of linux
> distributions and the 'just download and double-click on some arbitrary
> file'-way is the straightest way to need to reinstall your system every
> now and then.)
>
> An exception can be made, if the CPAN/gem/egg is just used to provide
> _similar_ building principles, so that generating distribution packages
> can be automated (though this is nearly given through the ./setup.py
> stuff in Python world)
>
> Sorry for the rant,
> Ren?
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.14 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkvE+lgACgkQ4UOg/zhYFuA4sQCfZuz8J4sginYzhcDfmiHW8sDY
> IfAAoIQsYYL1r5Bv6QPVi6sPv0NSii1v
> =UnwH
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> pygtk mailing list pygtk at daa.com.au
> http://www.daa.com.au/mailman/listinfo/pygtk
> Read the PyGTK FAQ: http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/
>
>
> End of pygtk Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11
> *************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.daa.com.au/pipermail/pygtk/attachments/20100415/c769ecad/attachment.htm 


More information about the pygtk mailing list