[pygtk] Packaging pygtk and friends as eggs

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 18:38:10 WST 2010

Hi Thomas,

Personally I prefer the package management system of my distro over that
of python eggs for many of the reasons others have mentioned.

> The problem here is that there aren't enough people working on easy
> installation of GTK+ and PyGTK on windows or OS X, so I'd say that any
> effort in that direction is very welcome.

Agree with that. Now that I fixed up the setup.py for windows it is
pretty trivial to generate installers for PyGtk and PyGObject
(instructions in README.win32).

At least in the windows case, I would appreciate if someone would go
ahead and create an all in one installer for PyGtk and , or at least
document the process.

John