[pygtk] ANNOUNCE: PyGTK All-in-one Installer 2.22.5

Shin Guey Wong sgwong513 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 04:05:07 WST 2010

This all in one installer is great for developer. However, the installer
contains lots of development files(header, static library, docs..etc) which
doesn't need by a user who just want to install pygtk with gtk-runtime to
run pygtk application. For now, I will still use this to install on
development machine. But for deployment, I will recommend user to install
gtk-runtime from
http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/Downloadswhich only
7.46MB, then install pygtk/pycairo/pygobject which less than 2MB.
(10MB vs 32MB which is quite a big different. Honestly, I'm not that concern
on the installer size but the installing time for gtk with development files
take much longer. I have user asking me why it takes so long time to install
the gtk with development file)