[pygtk] pygtk DLL load failed

YAN KONG pother at msn.com
Thu Jan 7 11:59:33 WST 2010

Hi guys:

Newbie here. I try to install pygtk following the steps. However after everything is finished, when I try to import gtk. I got an "ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed." The error are thrown within

C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\gtk\__init__.py

line 48:  from gtk import _gtk

I use python2.6

gtk2-runtime-2.16.6.

pycairo-1.4.12-2.win32-py2.5.exe

pygobject-2.14.2-2.win32-py2.6.exe

pygtk-2.12.1-3.win32-py2.6.exe

after I almost completely give up on it. I found out, everytime after I import tables, I can import gtk successfully. The two modules seems completely irrelavant.

Thanks

Yan