[pygtk] integration of C gtk app into pygtk app (in limited environment)
rvykydal at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 04:01:24 WST 2010
I am trying to integrate nm-connection-editor which is C gtk app into
python GUI. There is a limited mini-wm window manager running in the
My goal is to take control over the nm-connection-editor window when the
is run (python UI being already running) so that:
* the nm window behaves as modal
I was experimenting with something like this:
which basically means:
- creating new gdk window from xid of nm-connection-editor
- setting some python UI window as transient for it
- setting modal hint of nm-connection-editor window to true
but couldn't get it working (modality of nm window)
* I can handle limited resolution of the python UI (800x600).
- Moving nm window to the top a bit doesn't help because next
from it is placed in the center again.
Do you have any hints or pointers?
More information about the pygtk