[pygtk] Error installing some required pyGTK componants

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 08:24:05 WST 2010

SYSTEM ENVIROMENT: Microsoft Windows Vista Business

PYTHON VERSION: 2.6

I'm developing my very first Python GUI application and I've run into some
problems. I'm trying to install pyCairo and pygObject which is required for
creating GTK programs and get the following error at the end of both
installs:

close failed in file object destructor:

Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

Notice, the 'original exception; is blank. Always is.

I know that this isn't the pyCairo or pynObject lists but I'm hoping someone
can help me get past this so I can move forward.

Thanks!

Anthony

Anthony Papillion

Software Developer/IT Consultant