[pygtk] How to get cursor/mouse-pointer image (pixbuf) for an application window.

Osmo Maatta osmoma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 17:05:41 WST 2010

Re-hello.

I wasn't aware of the ctypes module at all.
It really works well and I solved this problem by using ctypes to access
functions in libXfixes.so.

The final code is here:
http://www.futuredesktop.com/tmp/read_cursor_image.py

# Running it on Linux.
# Sleep a while so you have time to position the mouse-pointer/cursor.
$ sleep 5; python read_cursor_image.py

# The cursor image is saved to cursor1.png

Many thanks!

Cheers
  Osmo Antero M.
  Grønland, Oslo