[pygtk] reparent

Peyman paskari007 at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 3 18:31:51 WST 2010

I am having some problems with reparenting

I have a program which allows you to tab several sourceview widgets
(glorified textview widget), and there are 5 options for each
sourceview. So if you edit 10 text files, you would get 50 sourceview
widgets, and that is very expensive. Instead, I want to reuse the 10
sourceviews. An easy way to do this is via reparenting.

However, some wierd things happen when you go back to a tab you
previously visited. The sourceview becomes detached and more or less
floats over the window it is meant to be a child of. The problem goes
away if you resize the window. As a temporary fix I increase and
decrease the window size by one, sort of like jiggling it. Uncomment
lines 124-131 to activate it.

I have attached a minimal example which indicates what the problem is.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks in advanced

Peyman Askari