[pygtk] Codegen/argtypes: "No ArgType for GValue*" on Linux & Windows

Dieter Verfaillie dieterv at optionexplicit.be
Wed Nov 3 00:07:11 WST 2010

Hi,

Quoting "David ROY" <david at gamr7.com>:
> The problem is that I don't see where "GValue*" is registered (or more
> precisely, where it should be registered and why it isn't).
>
> Is that done by your "pygobject/pygtk paches"?

Yep, the fixes I've done to pygobject, pygtk, pygoocanvas, pygtksourceview
and gnome-python-desktop(for pyrsvg) make it possible to build
all those installers (.exe and .msi) on windows with mingw/msys with no
further changes needed.

If you want to build pygobject or pygtk:
This means you need to install python2.X, mingw, msys, a gtk+-bundle,
you get the code from my git repos (the changes I've done always live
in the "windows" branch of each project) and you execute the setup.py
command as documented in the README.win32 file of the project you are
building.

If you want to build pygoocanvas or pygtksourceview or pyrsvg:
This means you need to install python2.X, mingw, msys, a gtk+-bundle,
the goocanvas[+dev] or gtksourceview2[+dev] or librsvg[+dev] packages
and whatever their dependencies,
the fixed pygobject and pygtk installers from my site [1],
you get the code from my git repos (the changes I've done always live
in the "windows" branch of each project) and you execute the setup.py
command as documented in the README.win32 file of the project you are
building.

That's about it.

> Where can I find these
> patches on your Git repo (I had a quick look and didn't find).

The windows branches of:
http://github.com/dieterv/pygobject
http://github.com/dieterv/pygtk
http://github.com/dieterv/pygoocanvas
http://github.com/dieterv/pygtksourceview
http://github.com/dieterv/gnome-python-desktop (for pyrsvg)
Click the Commits button on one of those pages...

mvg,
Dieter

[1] http://www.optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/ and navigate to
the newest directory (currently 20101102).