[pygtk] win32 fullscreens and others reports

laguillaumie sylvain s.lagui at free.fr
Mon Aug 22 02:05:09 WST 2011

hello

is there someting special to do for fullscreen on win32?

it works perfectly on linux distros but on windows, if i switch to
fullscreen while the main window is not maximized it leave space at the
bottom of the page and sometimes left or right too...

if the window is maximized first it s really fullscreen but leave the
"taskbar (?)" at the bottom and decorations are still there too

if someone have an idear, my simple code is :

def set_fullscreen(self,widget=None):
         if self.fullscreen :
             gobject.idle_add(self.search_box.show)
             gobject.idle_add(self.results_notebook.show)
             gobject.idle_add(self.control_box.show)
             gobject.idle_add(self.options_bar.show)
             self.window.window.set_cursor(None)
             gobject.idle_add(self.window.window.unfullscreen)
             gobject.idle_add(self.window.set_position,gtk.WIN_POS_CENTER)
             self.fullscreen = False
         else:
             gobject.idle_add(self.search_box.hide)
             gobject.idle_add(self.results_notebook.hide)
             gobject.idle_add(self.options_bar.hide)
             pixmap = gtk.gdk.Pixmap(None, 1, 1, 1)
             color = gtk.gdk.Color()
             cursor = gtk.gdk.Cursor(pixmap, pixmap, color, color, 0, 0)
             self.window.window.set_cursor(cursor)
             gobject.idle_add(self.control_box.hide)
             gobject.idle_add(self.window.window.fullscreen)
             self.fullscreen = True

second thing is some problems with pygtk all in one installer 2.24, if i
use it i'm unable to build a .exe with py2exe (ok if i start the .py
directly), always reports errors with gtk.pyd, i tried to understand it
with dependency walker without success, so i'm back with 2.22 and it s
ok... but great to have an all in one installer... :)

i googled for it but can t find a solution...

the last thing i don t understand is for double click events, it works
again if i launch my app from the .py directly (not sure with 2.22) but
not after building the .exe with py2exe, i have to include the
keysyms.pyc for exemple by myself in the library.zip but can t find the
file to get this double click working in my app (reall sorry for my
english and if i m not clear ^^)

thanks all !!

++