[pygtk] PyObject fails with Gst on signal sync-message::element

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Nov 4 15:59:10 WST 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 19:55, Angel Guzman Maeso <shakaran at gmail.com> wrote:
> But apparently, the first problem comes, I need compile gir files for create
> the typelib files.

Both .gir and .typelib files should be generated during the build
process. Check config.log for reasons why this didn't happened (if
that's the case).

> This is fun because I am learning a lot, but it's time-consuming, because
> nobody before write some article, wiki or doc for make easy and painful the
> process.
> Only maintainers have the knowledge enough for make this quickly, but they
> don't like make docs. it seems a general problem.

In some projects maintainers have more time than in others. In
PyGObject we have right now a big lack of contributors with
consequences far worse than lack of documentation.

That said, your problem is with GStreamer, you should ask there. And
probably you aren't finding documentation because 0.11 is a
development release.

> I will send more info if I get compile the 0.11.1 version successfully,
> because some people with the same problem is writing me emails about the
> current status of this.

The most efficient way to make all this less painful is to contribute
documentation upstream, because that's where people expect to find it.

Regards,

Tomeu