[pygtk] PyGObject 3.3.3 released
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 25 21:45:42 WST 2012
I am pleased to announce version 3.3.3 of the Python bindings for
GObject. This is the third release of the 3.3 series which eventually
result in the stable 3.4 release for GNOME 3.6.
Thanks to all contributors!
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org:
What’s new since PyGObject 3.3.2
- Remove obsolete release-tag make target (Martin Pitt)
- Do not do any python calls when GObjects are destroyed after the
python interpreter has been finalized (Simon Schampijer) (#678046)
- Do not change constructor-only "type" Window property (Martin Pitt)
- Escape identifiers which are Python keywords (Martin Pitt) (#676746)
- Fix code for PEP-8 violations detected by the latest pep8 checker.
- Fix crash in GLib.find_program_in_path() (Martin Pitt) (#678119)
- Revert "Do not bind gobject_get_data() and gobject_set_data()" (Martin Pitt)
- GVariant: Raise proper TypeError on invalid tuple input (David Keijser)
GObject is a object system used by GTK+, GStreamer and other libraries.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for use in Python programs when
accessing GObject libraries.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the GNU
LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging from
small single purpose scripts up to large full featured applications.
PyGObject now dynamically accesses any GObject libraries that uses
GObject Introspection. It replaces the need for separate modules such as
PyGTK, GIO and python-gnome to build a full GNOME 3.0 application. Once
new functionality is added to gobject library it is instantly available
as a Python API without the need for intermediate Python glue.
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the pygtk