The following are public presentations by Data Analysis Australia staff. The slides are in PDF format.
September 2017 - Presentations at the Statistical Society of Australia's Young Statisticians' Conference, Gold Coast
- Sarah Bruce, Online Survey Development – Design, Implementation and Testing
- Katy Proctor, Data Communication and Visualisation
October 2016 - Presented at the Longitudinal Data Conference, Canberra
April 2015 - Presented at the AITPM WA Branch Transport Modellers' Group seminar, "Behavioural Surveys for Transport Modelling"
- Donna Hill, Perth’s Next Household Travel Survey
February 2015 - Presentations at the 2015 Young Statisticians' Conference, Adelaide.
- Jennifer Bramwell, Population Projection: Principles, Assumptions and Applications
- Sarah Bruce, Automation of Summary Displays
July 2014 - Presentations at the Australian Statistical Conference, Sydney.
- John Henstridge, Spectral Methods for Exploring Process Lags
- Alethea Rea, Understanding Dispersal of Asian Visitors to Australia
- John Dickson, Predictive Models in the Mining Sector
December 2013 - Presentations at the International Biometric Society (Australasian Region) Conference, "Biometrics by the Canals"
- Taryn Major, Artificial Bee Diets
- Emma Black (nee Smith), Deterministic Modelling of Whole-Body Sheep Metabolism
- Kathy Haskard, Getting the right data: a lesson in communication and perseverance
- Jennifer Bramwell, Design of spatial and temporal experiments to estimate pest population (poster)
July 2012 - Presentations at the Australian Statistical Conference, Adelaide.
- Alethea Rea, Using Microsimulation Techniques to Estimate the Number of Healthcare Card Holders
- Prudence Thompson, Evaluation of Behaviour Change Programs (BCPs).
- Taryn Major, Automated Model Fitting.
- Emma Black (nee Smith), Knowing the Ropes - Simulation of Port Shipping.
March 2012 - Presented at the Resource Evaluation and Mining 2012 Seminar, Perth
- Dr John Henstridge, Statistics Meets Geostatistics
December 2010 - Presentations at the Australian Statistical Conference, Fremantle.
- Dr John Henstridge, Designing Efficient but Unbalanced Choice Experiments.
- Donna Hill, Incorporating Risk in Strategic Decision Making Processes.
- Alex Maund, Always Take the Weather (Data) With You.
- Hana Sakai and Emma Black (nee Smith), Simulation of Coal-Barging on a River.
- Yuichi Yano, Generalised Linear Modelling of the Asthma Hospitalisation Risk and CO Concentration in Perth, (Masters thesis results in collaboration with Edith Cowan University).
September 2010 - Presented at the 54th Annual Conference of the Australian Mathematical Society, Brisbane
- Dr John Henstridge, Mathematics from the Outside.
January 2010 - Presented at the International Statistics Conference, Sri Lanka
- Dr John Henstridge, A Very Applied Approach to Risk.
July 2009 - Presented at the Software Engineering Forum of Engineers Australia, Perth
- Dr John Henstridge, Statistical Theory for Risk Management.
July 2009 - Presentations at the WA Young Statisticians' Workshop, Perth Zoo.
July 2008 - Presentations at the Australian Statistical Conference, Melbourne.
- Dr John Henstridge, Odorous Statistics.
- Alex Maund, How Much? Checking the Prices on Defence Inventory.
- Rian Caccianiga, Analysis of Upper Warren Woylie Data.
- Jason Rabbitt, Evaluating Academic Research Performance.
August 2007 - Presented at the International Symposium on Business and Industrial Statistics, Ponta Delgarda Azores
- Dr John Henstridge, Beyond a Statistical Toolkit.
April 2007 - Presentations at the Statistical Society of Australia's Young Statisticians' Conference, Canberra.
- Rhiannon Marchant, What is a Statistical Consultant's Job?.
- Jason Rabbitt, Comprehensive Baseline Study of Cockburn Sound.
March 2007 - Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society article
- Dr John Henstridge, Maths@work: The Consulting Model.
January 2007 - Presentations at the Australian and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics Conference, Fremantle.
November 2006 - Presented at the Supply Chain WA Conference
- Dr John Henstridge, Variation and Delay.
September 2006 - Gazette of the Australian Mathematical Society article
- Dr John Henstridge, If Math Matters, Why Don't We See More of It.
August 2006 - Presented at the Australian Property Institute Annual Conference
- Dr John Henstridge, The Impact of a Changing Population.
July 2006 - Presentations at the Australian Statistical Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Dr John Henstridge, Locational Model for Forecasting Demand for Justice Facilities
- Dr Linda Eaton, Developing Gold Standards For the Mining Industry
- Anna Munday, Taking Advantage of the Internet
- Petra Roberts, A Longitudinal Survey of Day-to-Day Travel
June 2006 - Spatial Sciences Institute, Perth
- Dr John Henstridge, Useful Spatial Statistics.
April 2005 - Presented at the Fourth International Symposium on Business and Industrial Statistics
- Dr John Henstridge, Business Models for Statistics.
November 2004 - Presented at the Fremantle 2020 seminar
- Jodie Thompson, Population Demographics 2020.
August 2004 - Presented at the Australian Market & Social Research Society seminar
- Donna Hill and Anna Munday, PARTS - Giving the Whole Transport Picture.
July 2004 - Presentations at the Australian Statistical Conference seminar.
- Anna Munday, Modelling Small Area Population Movements.
- Meredith Regan, Saving Water with Statistics.
May 2004 - Keynote address at the Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA) conference, Bunker Bay
- Dr John Henstridge, The South West: Its People and Future.
February 2004 - Presented at the Market Research Society of Australia seminar
- Dr John Henstridge, Having Your Day in Court - Surveys as Evidence.
September 2003 - Keynote address at the Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA) annual conference, Pemberton
- Dr John Henstridge, Perth's Population, Past, Present and Future.
July 2002 - Presented at the Australian Statistics Conference seminar
- Jodie Thompson, When the Boat Comes In (All About Modelling Bulk Cargo Jetties).
July 2000 - Presented at the Australian Statistics Conference seminar
- Donna Hill, Geographically Based Sampling For Household Surveys.